9.14.2010

Sunday/Saturday Signs

{Let's go backwards. Sunday...}
Sunday was an exciting day!
Jbear and I have been attending a few meetings for a new church plant. 
After months of preparation, it was opening day.
This past Sunday was the first service for Jesus the Recreator!

I can't believe how smoothly everything went. Everything pretty much exceeded my expectations. Praise God for everything coming together! The church hopes to reach out to different ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds so Pastor Abel found a facility in downtown San Jose. We are renting from the Roosevelt Community Center. Amidst some older neighborhoods the city has built a gem of a park. The facility was gorgeous, the worship music was diverse but the musicians are so talented they can pull off any style, the message was great, and the food was delicious. I admit I was very hesitant about becoming involved in another church when I feel as if I haven't yet experienced all that my current church has to offer, but I am so glad I did.

Check it out on facebook.

Jesus the Recreator Covenant Church

AND...
despite helping out with lunch and staying to clean up, we were able to make it back to GRX for (the end) of Fall Launch. My beloved small group. Sometimes you can have it all, with flan.


 

{On Saturday}
After an amazing Pho breakfast at Cong Ly,
our little trio went to a park in attempts to burn off the filet mignon meat and endless noodles.
Actually, the plan was to go for a hike. But hike easily turns into eating LARGEst bowl of noodles available and taking pictures at the park.

I wish I could start all mornings like this. Yes, I got a LARGE.

Oh what a beautiful Saturday morning.

As we left the park I noticed this sign... then found out my future residence is just around the corner.
What a pleasant surprise.


YouCapture

1 comment:

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails