I try to wait for the free gifts to buy things so I never have to purchase makeup remover. Growing up, I remember following my mom around the cosmetics area in what felt like aimless circles, weaving in between and all around those glass counters.. I'd ask her what she was shopping for because she was all over the place and spraying almost every fragrance bottle, she was shopping for free gifts. I didn't understand back then.
Now I know, you can ask for samples for most things in the cosmetics area- foundation, lotion, perfume, etc. Just ask. Very worth it. Foundation never looks the same in the store as in the real world so it helps to try it out for a few days. Perfume samples are the best because you can refill those little vials when it's out and they are small enough to fit in a wristlet. (Sephora has them too!) Much more convenient than lugging around those giant breakable glass bottles.
Gifts tend to include- makeup bag, makeup remover, regular lotion, lip product, mascara, eyeshadow/eyeshadow blush combo, some new product they are promoting, and something random (mirror, brush, keychain etc.).
Bloomingdales has a free gift now until Sunday, September 18 with $25 purchase.
Pricing for gifts can be a bit frustrating because the spf and moisture surge lotion jars are around $40-50 and the regular lotion and eye/lip stuff is right under $25. I either get moisture surge (which has lasted me ~2 years) or foundation.
I like trying the new products. Last time I really liked the Turnaround concentrate visible skin renewer. It felt thicker than the yellow gel lotion and moisture surge but definitely lighter than typical white lotions.
Here are some of my favorite Clinique products.
Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY4918/PROD13291/Skin_Care/Moisturizers/index.tmplCool, light and moisturizing. My favorite and must have. Works best when paired with something else.
1.7oz $34
2.5oz $46.50
Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirst Skin Relief
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY4918/PROD6047/Skin_Care/Moisturizers/index.tmpl
Facial sprays are getting popular. Even Evian sells "mineral water spray" in department cosmetic departments. I think it's pretty much Evian water (the stuff you buy at the grocery store) in a little spray bottle and they sell 5oz for $10. I'm actually tempted to get some Vichy spray. Anyways, this sounds similar. Moisture and aloe and no oil? Is this just water and aloe? I want to try.
4.2oz $20
All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY23131/PROD15707/Skin_Care/Serums/index.tmpl
Perfect for mornings when a night of bad sleep shows. The metal ball instantly cools and just feels good. Wakes me up everytime. (And right over the $25 limit)
0.5oz $26
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion with Pump
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY4918/PROD3304/Skin_Care/Moisturizers/index.tmpl
I like this better than the gel. This is the yellow lotion I consider the plainest of lotions from Clinique. I stopped using lotion for awhile. Then started using Cetaphil, then Korres, then back to this one and it just felt much lighter. My face must have missed it because it drank it up and felt oh so soft and smooth. (Right under $25, see what I mean?)
4.2oz $24.50
Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF20
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY4918/PROD15253/Skin_Care/Moisturizers/index.tmpl
This is supposed to eventually correct uneven skin tone. I never tried it long enough to see a big difference but I didn't react to it so I like.
1.7oz $42.50
Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY21362/PROD518/Skin_Care/CleansersMakeup_Removers/index.tmplMy favorite makeup remover. I've never paid for it. Even better.
4.2 oz $17
7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY21363/PROD678/Skin_Care/ExfoliatorsMasks/index.tmplOne of those slightly grainy scrubs, but doesn't leave my face dry or stinging afterward.
3.4 oz $18.50
Good luck (gift) shopping!








No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?