Why is it when there is a party holiday (New Years, Halloween, etc.) people inevitably ask you two things. 1) Did you do anything fun? 2) Did you go to the city? As if going to the city is synonymous with fun. Can't staying at home be just as fun?
We went to a party with a lot of pumpkins, pretty candle lights, cool stairs and a black cat! At first I thought she was a prop and then realized it was their pet. She stayed pretty still, until I tried to pet her and she nonchalantly stretched out her back, walked a few feet away and sat back down in the exact same position. Way to be subtle.
This party was actually the pre-party to the friend's actual Halloween party. Our party for the most part was a party of three. Jbear, his friend and me. He was a butterfly catcher and his wife was a butterfly. Cute idea! We went to the market and made kabobs and chicken apple sausages. They were delicious. Hanging out was nice and supposedly relaxing, too bad I don't relax. Ever.
After a nap we went to party number two.... in the city! We almost didn't go because Franz and I are old and just wanted to sleep. JBear was very determined despite being sick and on antibiotics. His batmobile had a flat tire so we had to take my car. His friend's apartment was crowded with people actually noticeably dressed up. Red cups. Music. A line for the bathroom. It felt like college.
I had the most delicious brownie. One layer fudge chocolate, another layer of crispies, a layer of peanut butter, and finally the layer of brownie we all know and love. It was the ultimate brownie and I could not find the person who created them for the recipe! Doh!
After standing around, waiting for the restroom, and eating brownies for an hour (I do recall a conversation of the merits of sustainable eating habits championed by SF locals. Why do I always have this conversation whenever I meet a local? It's like the go-to topic. I imagine something similar would happen if you walked around Wall Street. You know you would eventually end up in a discussion about the disparity in wealth distribution.) we moved on to wandering the Mission district for food. We found a small pizza shop manned by two guys, a line of crazily-dressed customers out the door and pizza slices bigger than my head. Pizza was okay. But a late night eating excursion in the Mission is not complete without a trip to Los Coyotes for some carne asada fries. This was the first time I learned of their avocado salsa. I wish I had a thermos to stock up and eat at home.
Maybe going to the city isn't necessarily more fun, but there is a higher likelihood that you will see or experience something memorable.
Highlight of my night was getting rickrolled at Los Coyotes.
(It's hard to hear the music in my video so I didn't bother posting.)
(It's hard to hear the music in my video so I didn't bother posting.)
The next day we caught the end of Harvest Festival at church. I dressed up at batgirl again and LilBear was the superman this time. We realized we had a few hours before dropping him off and I didn't bring extra clothes so I was running errands on Sunday as batgirl, well half a batgirl (no cape, mask, boot covers). This included venturing into the most judgmental of venues... the mall. Only one person commented so maybe most people didn't noticed and it would totally okay if I wore costumes all the time.
I wonder if people would notice if I only wore my fleece footed pajama onesie everywhere. I wish I could wear it everyday all day. Babies have it too good.
This is linked to Youcapture.
Theme: Halloween + Harvest.
Theme: Halloween + Harvest.
Ultimate brownies? Avocado salsa? Pizza? I want your Halloween treats! =>
ReplyDelete