7.15.2012

Chilewich

For my next event, I'm debating between pulling out the super floral-tastic china (minus tea pot?) my mom gave me years ago as "my future wedding gift" for a tea party or to do a fancy dinner party. FYI, fancy to me doesn't mean foie gras and caviar, it simply means I'm not using paper plates.

My church moved. It is now dangerously close to a shopping center. I am suddenly spending much more time browsing Sur la Table, Crate and Barrel and Z Gallerie. 

I was quite set on a tea party until one Sunday at Sur la Table I chanced to pull out a drawer and meet these cute poppy napkin rings on clearance.

Here is a similar one at Sur La Table. Link.

This was my gateway into the world of table settings. Aiya. I have entered the rabbit hole.


Next, I'd like some place mats. (Mind you, I don't have plates, but perhaps I will probably get there.) 

My criteria: I'd like something that isn't cotton, something I can clean with the swipe of a damp rag.


Perhaps there are other options, but all I can think about is Chilewich. Especially the Dahlia. I'm a bit hesitant at $10 each, but I haven't seen anything else like it. If paired well with contrasting colors, they can be quite stunning. Don't you agree?





Chilewich specializes in modern decor and also makes woven rectangular and square place mats.
You can find their stuff at Sur la Table, Crate and Barrel, and other places.
Or just go to their website: http://www.chilewich.com/
  Source: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails