11.03.2010

My problem with naps.

[From Yesterday...]

I loved preschool. Everyday I went to the giant community church in my sprawling suburban neighborhood and played, learned, napped and played some more. I only had one gripe.

The naps.

My mom would ask me about my day and I would complain about the naps.
What was wrong with them?
I told her "Naps are a waste of life."
Seriously. I was... four? five?

I finally found an appreciation for naps during college. Amidst my 3-hour of sleep a night schedule, naps during the day were a gift from above. But I seem to be reverting back to my youthful thinking. Today my head hurts. A lot. I promised I would stay home this time and resist the urge to go to work with my body fighting whatever virus or bug that is going around. I am home. Last time I only made it to lunch until I hopped in my car and trekked into the office.

I should be napping. I tried. I really did. I had a goldilocks moment. My bedroom was too bright. So I migrated to the sofa in the living room. But the sofa was too soft. So I rolled onto the floor. Squished snugly between the coffee table and sofa I thought I had found my spot. Unfortunately, I am a side sleeper and the ground was too hard. I can't sleep. I can't go to work. I am restless. I have already itemized my goodwill donation, played with the angry birds app, downloaded the new taylor swift album, made rice for dinner, planned everything I want to buy at Target (Toy Story 3 comes out today!) and Safeway for when I am ready to drive and be around other people.

Time to go lie down and... stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails