Crispy crunchy autumn leaves under my feet. Door hangers in my hand.
Welcoming local east san jose residents to our baby church. I wish I could recall more Spanish. My mom always encouraged me to learn more languages because it can only help you in life. How do you say we are from the church at the park? All morning I thought "iglesia en el park?" but was too hesitant to try it outside of my head. Park is actually "parque". We are more similar than I think sometimes. Quite a few people had their front doors open and the smells of their mornings drifted out to the street. People did not look at us suspiciously and shut their doors on us. They took my doorhanger and nodded politely. Community is more than a row of houses with closed doors. Houses in the neighborhood reminded me of my random jogs and emo walks in berkeley through the neighborhoods straight to Ici (the ice cream shop). I am a 500 pound cookie/ice cream monster trapped in the body of a petite asian girl. I am not complaining.
Each house had it's own personality. And Everyone seemed to have a dog or (attack) cat. Across the train tracks was a newer neighborhood. Every house lined up pristine and matching. It felt like the Stanford campus versus Berkeley. No matter what side of the tracks you were on God made a beautiful autumn day.
(i'm a bit addicted to this retro camera app.)


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?