The I'm bringing my books on vacation and looking at flashcards instead of talking to you -type.
It's only week 2 of this class I've been wanting to take for forever, and you'd think I'd be bursting with motivation, but no. I'm tired. And dare I say... slow? Did school always move this fast? I forget (it's been THAT long). Am I officially "old" now?
Post-college I've mostly been taking professional development classes. Courses very specific to certain jobs. Once a week, I sit in a room filled with middle-aged people in career clothing taking night courses after a full day of work. A classroom of people focused on their jobs, hand out business cards left and right, are still shaky on powerpoint and are late to class when they need to pick up their teenage kids from lacrosse practice. It's different. Things tend to move slower... Concepts tend to seem simpler.
But the type of class I spent 17.5 years of life taking, I'm not so used to anymore. Everyone comes in wearing sweatshirts lugging backpacks, atleast one hand attached to their cell phone and seem so young (even if they aren't) and energetic (even if they aren't). It's definitely a different vibe.
And class is twice a week from 5:20-10pm. I'm allowed to gripe just a bit right? That's longer than those 3 hour finals I despised sitting through! I spend half the time wondering what have I gotten myself into? and the other half in love with each new discovery.
Those full-time working, full-time parent, part/full-time parents?
I totally respect.
Okay, my 15 minutes of griping are over. I have a date with some lonely textbooks.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?