7.20.2011

Kind of like motherhood?

I've wanted a dog forever. My whole life.
I've never been sure about babies, but definitely a dog.
Jbear purchased one recently.

Originally, I was pretty upset for a number or reasons...
I didn't think we were ready, I wanted to adopt from a humane society, I didn't approve of the breed, I wanted to save up vacation time so we could stay home 24/7 while it acclimated to its new home, I wanted an animal-friendly job, I am anal about big decisions and like to do lots of research, etc.

But whatever happened has happened and I am accepting.
Actually, I'm completely smitten with the girl.
I find myself slowly becoming all "mothery" in ways I didn't think I would be.
Is this what motherhood feels like?
(except making them sleeping outside part...)

*I never thought I could love something so much.
*She makes me smile no matter what she is doing.
*I've been reading articles and watching youtube videos on training but am totally baffled and overwhelmed because people like to argue and have conflicting ideology.
*I spent an hour cleaning the bathroom she defecated and urinated all over and all I could think was "Yay! She finally went to the bathroom!"
*Jbear and I get excited about little things other people might not understand, like she finally discovered how to squeak her pet monkey.
*Jbear and I spend a lot of time discussing how to raise and discipline her and how many toys she's allowed to have.
*I say she's only allowed to have one toy but I sneak her a new one every day.
*After reading FDA recalls and warning letters to pet food facilities, I've been looking into natural food diets and how to cook homemade pet food. Poor Jbear complains that I don't cook for him and she'll stop eating her kibble.
*When I go to a store I go straight to the pet aisle and look at the pet supplies and forget about what I originally went there for.
*She is my wallpaper on my phone.
*I count down the hours and minutes until I get to go home and see her.
*We keep calling her "baby girl" instead of her actual name.
*My heart breaks whenever I hear her cry or I have to leave her or she doesn't want to sit with me.
*When she naps I think to myself "She's so beautiful. I can't believe she's mine."

Thank God she is a sweetheart and just wants to play and cuddle all day.
I wish she could stay this way forever.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEilIX8ebgvOCb9IP4J5HzA8pEo8OMHqJYx3LYjWlnXJyIAXZq_xzsDxLigxM5gj_on884asybdAuIJSynNPmY1jJw-8SPo2kcccDKbaeg5vROclBcm5EyPYzNWROMerQGR5xuoGxm5H4Eo/s1600/2011-07-13+19.58.58-735456.jpg

(Wow, I'm totally going to be one of those worrying moms that sees her kids as babies forever. I am going to be so annoying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails